Thursday 27 February 2014

Valverde: Barça? I’ve already got my hands full


Athletic Bilbao manager, Ernesto Valverde has dismissed reports stating that he is on the short-list to replace Tata Martino at Barcelona, should the Argentine leave at the end of the season, admitting that he already has his hands full at Athletic and can’t be bothered to leave the club.

In an interview with reporters on Wednesday afternoon, Valverde spoke about the short-list published in Barcelona-based sports daily, Sport and shared his thoughts on the subject.
“Sounds good to me, what do you want me to say? It’s a joke, right?  Well, I don’t want to talk about jokes.  You have to ask the person who wrote it.  I have my hands full here.  I’m not worried about those types of things.  This press call is for the match against Granada.  In the big clubs, these types of things come out every two to three minutes and the coach must endure it.”
Valverde then scowled when shown the cover of ‘Sport’ with his picture among the candidates.

No comments:

Post a Comment