Friday 21 February 2014

Demichelis admits he’s to blame for Messi penalty, not the referee


Manchester City defender, Martin Demichelis has admitted that he was in the wrong when he tackled Barcelona’s Leo Messi in Tuesday evening’s Champions League loss and laments that his poor decision led to his sending off and allowing his compatriot to score what would be the game-winning penalty.
 
In a recent interview with English newspaper, The Sun, Demichelis spoke about the incident, which may well led to his manager, Manuel Pellegrini being fined for post-match criticisms of referee, Jonas Eriksson.

“I tackled him because I thought I was still outside the box, but I don’t blame the referee. It all happened too fast.

“I have seen the moment again on TV and think ‘why did I have to tackle him and not keep running by his side?’

“I was sure that I would get the ball when I made the tackle and then you think that you will steal the ball from Messi, you realise that you don’t, but I did make the foul.”

No comments:

Post a Comment